September 16, 2012

Shabby Buffet Redo

So excited to do this post! I scored this gem at a sale with some friends. I passed her up the first time but I KNEW I had to have her so I simply proceeded to drag my husband to the sale and get her :-) Like all good wives do, duh.

Here's the BEFORE picture. She has EXCELLENT bones and really wasn't in bad shape at all. The top needed refinishing so that's where I started. 


Just look at those curves! Gosh, so pretty. I wish I had somewhere to put it. 

ALOT of sweat went into this piece. The top I refinished from the start because I originally planned to stain the top of this. I didn't like it after I did it so there is a fresh coat of stain under the paint ;-) on the top! This buffet also had extenders on the sides and they were in rough shape. So I decided to take them off and I actually like it a lot better. 

What do you think?

Here's some other views of this beautiful lady. I was SO excited that I just took pictures...tonight. And it's not the best light but sorry I was excited! Hah!




I just love the curves of this piece. I normally do not like very "girly" pieces but this one is different. And I think it's because of the paint color choice I made. It's a very soft blue that also has a grey hue. I LOVE it. And the warm tones from underneath the paint really spice it up to me and compliment the curves of the piece. What do you think? Do you like the color?

So here's another before and after for you! I hope you have enjoyed this piece as much as I have! 
I love the chippy style. And I've always loved the shabby pieces I've done! Who can go wrong with shabby chic really? This piece would be BEAUTIFUL as an entryway table...or even a tv stand. Or it's original use, a buffet for your dining room. Throw some pretty frames on top and storage underneath equals perfection! Need I say more?



If you would like to purchase this gorgeous buffet, it is available in my shop locally in Satellite Beach, Florida. You can find my Facebook page and shop here. Please "LIKE" my FB page and share with your FB family and friends as well!

XOXO,
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

We SOLD our home!

Not sure if anyone else realized it but its been 6 months since I wrote a blogpost! Not such a large surprise considering our little man cam...